Our Mission Statement
“We protect and promote agricultural, community and environmental sustainability on the North Coast of NSW, by promoting and coordinating noxious, agricultural and environmental weed awareness and control in the community at large.”
NCWAC Member Groups
See map to right for LCA Boundaries →
(download larger map)
NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
NSW State Forests
Northern Rivers Catchment Management Authority
Livestock Health and Pest Authorities
Transport Roads and Maritime Services
Australian Rail Track Corporation
Northern Rivers Landcare Network
NSW Farmers’ Federation
The objectives of the Committee are:
- To promote awareness of noxious and environmental weeds within the community.
- To advise the NSW Noxious Weeds Advisory Committee on weed matters relating to declaration, control and promotion for the Region
- To recommend weed policy, declaration, control and promotion to member organisations
- To promote a positive approach to those people and organisations that are interested in noxious and environmental weeds.
- To educate, train and encourage persons and organisations in all matters relating to noxious and environmental weeds and their control.
- To promote effective and efficient coordination of weed control programs and promote resource sharing.
- To develop strategies and action plans for weeds of major regional significance